Waiver, Release, and Indemnification
In consideration of the acceptance of my entry in the 2001 Doublehanded Farallones Race:
1. I certify that I am over the age of 18 and agree to comply with all rules and regulations and the race instructions of the Race Committee, the race sponsors and BAMA, the International and Inland Rules, and other rules under which the race is sailed.
2. I, for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns,(a) waive and release any and all claims that I may have against its Committee, and their officers, directors, members, committee volunteers, employees, and agents, or any one or more of them or their executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, or assigns (the Releasees) including any and all claims for damage caused by the negligence of any of them, arising out of my participation or that of my yacht in the race and its related activities, including prestart and post finish operation, together with any costs including attorneys' fees that may be incurred as a result of any such claim whether valid or not, and3. I acknowledge that I have sole responsibility for the safety of my yacht and crew.
(b) indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees and each of them against any such claim that I or the officers or members of my crew or my guests or any one or more of them or my or their executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, or assigns may have or assert and against any cost including attorneys' fees with respect thereto.
4. I acknowledge that after arrival at the finish line of this race, my yacht may, at my request if such service is available, be led by or be taken on tow by a boat operated for the convenience of race sponsors or BAMA, and be led or towed to its mooring, or at my request, may take such a committee member aboard (who shall become a member of my crew) to assist in entering the harbor and mooring, all without charge or expense to me; in consideration of the rendering of any such service to me and without limiting the generality of the waiver, release, and indemnity above, I hereby agree that should my yacht be damaged in any manner or to any extent by reason of such leading, towing, or other assistance, neither the boat, the owner thereof, the Releasees, nor any of them, shall have any liability or responsibility whatsoever to me by reason of or as a result of such damage (including damage caused by the negligence of any of them), and I hereby waive, and agree not to assert, any claim therefor.
5. I hereby agree that the above named yacht will be outfitted and equipped in accordance with the "Conditions for the 2001 Doublehanded Farallones, Race," and I further recognize and agree to thoroughly familiarize myself and crew with and be bound by and obey all the "Rules and Regulations" of the Committee governing this race. I have read and executed the Waiver, Release, and Indemnification Form with the entry form, and I have made my crew aware of the above conditions, dangers, and liabilities.
Owner’s Signature __________________________________Date___________
Crew's Signature ___________________________________Date___________
Mail entry to the Race Chairman:
BAMA c/o Randy Devol
96 Flynn Ave. Unit A
Mountain View, Ca. 94043
- Signed copy of Waiver and Release
- Registration Form
- Current 2001 YRA or BAMA PHRF certificate
- $45 for USSA members, $55 for non-members. The fee for entries received after March 10, 2001 will be $55 for USSA members and $65 for non-members. Entry fee includes participation mementos that will be available at the Skipper’s meeting and the Trophy presentation.